[reportlab-users] Preppy and friends (like empy)

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:49:38 +0100

In article <B7C21ADE-E7FF-11D6-87A6-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>Robin Becker:
>
>> Another major problem is that of having the same name of .prep file
>> with
>> different directories.
>
>Sorry, but I'm not getting this, what problem is that?
....... well preppy.getModule does exactly that gets a module with the
name specified. If you have two identical names then preppy can't have
them both in memory at once. That's why we see the preppy compile
repeatedly recompile things that have identical names. The modules are
stored by filename, but imported after sys.path adjustment using
__import__ so it repeatedly loads the different modules.