[reportlab-users] Searching telco data files for Python webservice

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:23:03 +0200

[I've posted this also to the PBF list, but people here might be
interested in the ugly tricks used to generate the charts! ;-)]

Hi,

I'm running an experimental webservice on telco operators' data
for itemized invoices. The available online service handles only
Deutsche Telecom's data files, although the engine can be used
in many more contexts, like conference sessions plans, or Unix
mailboxes or CVS repositories, etc. etc. Surely, there are also
many more layout possibilities than the sample and generated
files do actually illustrate right now.

So, if you have a moment please take a look here (if you really
want to make it go belly up, you'll probably find an easy way to
do so):

   http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/inv/inview.html

My question is if anybody on this list has data files from other
telco operators, either national ones, say France Telecom or the
Swedish equivalent, or mobile operators (who seem to become more
transnational) so I could handle some more formats?

I do have some simple Vodafone files, but the data there really
sucks and seems to be designed to prevent people from doing such
kind of analysis... There also seems to be some much more detail-
ed (and expensive) Vodafone files, which I've not seen yet. Also,
I have no idea if the Vodafone files, say, differ across multiple
countries.

Of course, if you want to send me any such files, it's perfectly
ok if you send me a sanitized version only!

Thanks and best regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind."