[reportlab-users] write_HTML

Harald Lux reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:03:08 +0200

Montag, 21. Oktober 2002, 18:22 w.richert@gmx.net wrote:

> on http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-sc6.html I read that
> there is a methode write_HTML which gets an HTML page and outputs a PDF, but
> I didn't find it in my (most recent) report lab version.

Here is the reason explained:

http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.text.pdf/PDF.html#import_HTML

"Ugh. My apologies, folks; in the article titled "PDF for the Server" I
identified import_HTML as part of ReportLabs' library. This is simply
false, and I'll make a point of correcting it in a future column.

The import_HTML I use is part of a Zope product
(.../Zope/Extensions/PS.py--I'll find the original before long) which
essentially wraps up html2ps, then transforms PS -> PDF. This same
module includes a method"

[...]

-Harald

--
Harald Lux                      lux@lux.de
Sandkaule 5-7                   Tel.: +49 228 692325