[reportlab-users] TTFont in ParagraphStyle

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:01:37 +0100

In article <20021021104552.GB15123@codeworks.lt>, Marius Gedminas
<marius@codeworks.lt> writes
>Sorry for late replies.  I was ill last week and didn't read my work
>e-mail account.
>
>On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 03:12:01PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
>> >       pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('Arial', 'Arialn.ttf')) # works fine
>> >
>> >       levelZeroParaStyle = \
>> >           ParagraphStyle(name='LevelZero',
>> >                          fontName='Arial',
>> >                          fontSize=10,
>> >                          leading=11,
>> >                          firstLineIndent = -epsilon,
>> >                          leftIndent = 0*delta + epsilon)
>> I think there's a bug in what's currently being done for registration.
>> The problem is that when we use bold/italic etc we need to have the
>> concept of a root face name. That allows us to map

you're right about addmapping, but what's currently done in registration
is wrong. In fact I think that we should indicate the characteristics of
a font. Saying that Arial --> normal, bold, italic and bolditalic is
both wrong and as currently implemented the reverse mapping doesn't get
things right.