[reportlab-users] Handling of too long entries in Table

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:43:09 +0100

In article <200210151210.59773.w.richert@gmx.net>, Willi Richert
<w.richert@gmx.net> writes
>Hi,
>
>I need to generate a table out of unknown data. The problem is that the
>entries can get too long for a DIN A4 page. I tried here and there but didn't
>get a proper solution.
>
>What would be the best way to solve this problem?
>
>willi
Unfortunately we don't propagate splitting to the cell level which I
think is what is needed.

The problems with splitting are bad enough :( and this requires the
table to function somewhat differently. I suppose we need an extra
escape mechanism that comes into play whenever a single cell is too
large for example we could then let the table duplicate the row and
split the contents of the original into two. That will work for things
which are splittable, but some things (images) are not splittable.

Anybody else have any ideas. Perhaps we need a forcible split api