[reportlab-users] Right-to-Left languages

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:21:22 +0100

> I'm not very happy with my current version. Currently I have a low-level
> that does the actual logical-to-visual translation and I wrote additional
> classes like TableRTL, ParagraphRTL etc, that piggyback on the
> existing ones. What I would like to see is something ilke the following:

This is all sensible.  Due to time pressure the best thing really
is for us to check in a separate LTR module and test.  Then we face
bigger issues.  Do we add this quickly?  or do we add it as a requirement
for a general redesign for "ReportLab 2", whenever that might be.
I have no problem with simple attribute additions if it does not break
anything.  But there isn't really a containment mechanism in
Platypus now.  I'll need to play with it to tell you what i think...

Thanks,

Andy