[reportlab-users] Experience with new-style paragraphs?

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:50:18 +0200 (CEST)

Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>:

> .... I tried it out on many examples and apart from some compatibility
> problems it seems fine. I think there were minor differences in the way
> lines end up, but probably nothing short of a full tex box model is
> going to do a great deal better. It's certainly hard to do widows and
> orphans as it is very lazy and stops as soon as an overflow is
> detected.

I'm pretty concerned about that. Using the old (standard) para-
graph it is already sort of impossible to get it right automati-
cally and in all cases as I've outlined before. To me it is very
distracting to see text with headlines at the bottom of a frame
etc. (or is this a different problem?) and I'm surprised people
don't seem to care.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to