[reportlab-users] table header

William Dode reportlab-users@reportlab.com
12 Oct 2002 12:42:41 +0200

Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com> writes:

> In article <87r8ewgh02.fsf@flibuste.net>, William Dode <wilk-
> ml@flibuste.net> writes
> >Jerome Alet <alet@librelogiciel.com> writes:

> >> IIRC just pass the repeatRows = n argument in the Table() call
> >
> >thanks, it resolv my first problem easily !
> >
> >any idea for the next one ? my question is maybe not very clear ?
> >
> >bye
> >
> Are you attempting to re-use the same table for different data? That
> won't work. If that's not the problem can you post a simplified example
> so we can see what the problem is?

no, i use different table for each break. and some tables go on somes
pages without break (repeatRows is great !, i did'nt find it on the
api-reference book ?).

my problem is to change the page header depends on the data of the page.
If i use onPage, when onPage occur i don't know wich data is on the
current page without gymnastic.

i build my story like that :

for row in recordset:
    if breakrow:
        close the table
        story.append(table)
        story.append(foot of the table)
        if breakthepage:
            story.append(break the page)
    else:
        table.append(row)

for the page header, i used onPage=myheader
but on myheader i don't know which row is curently print in the current
page...

shall i use a different pagetemplate for each break ? but i will need to
break the page each time...

thanks

--
William Dode - http://wikipython.tuxfamily.org