[reportlab-users] Notes for large TrueType font users

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:37:33 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:20:01AM -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:42:19 +0200, Marius Gedminas <marius@codeworks.lt> wrote:
> >TrueType font parsing is quite slow at the moment.  For example, it
> >takes about 20 seconds to parse a 14 MB font file.
>
> A 14 MB TrueType file?  What languages are you supporting?  Except for two
> OpenType multiple master Japanese fonts at 8 MB, the largest TrueType files I
> have are 500 kB.

I don't know, I got that file (BiauKai.ttf) from Dinu Gherman for
debugging.  It looks Chinese to me.  13698 glyphs.

Marius Gedminas
--
You have moved the mouse. NT must be restarted for the changes to take effect.