[reportlab-users] Vector images

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:57:34 -0000

> This may be a FAQ, but is it possible to insert vector graphics
> into a pdf using reportlab (such as eps, svg, etc)?

Dinu Gherman has been working hard on SVG2PDF conversion.
It can correctly convert the tiger example and others.
  http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/svg/svg2pdf.html
I expect he will answer you here shortly :-)

Currently we don't have "import filters" in our main
distribution.

> If not, is it possible to just send arbitrary postscript into a
> canvas inside a reportlab pdf?

No.  You can however buy our PageCatcher product ($1000) and a
copy of Acrobat; you could then distill arbitrary art in any
format (especially PostScript) to single-page PDFs, then
include those anywhere in your document as 'forms' which
you scale and move around.  That's the practical
production solution but I appreciate it may not be
appropriate for everyone.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson