[reportlab-users] TrueType Fonts in Charts

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:31:11 -0000

> Hello:
>
> How do I use TrueType fonts in a Chart or Widget? I am using a specific
> TrueType font in the text parts of the report, and would the
> chart labels to
> match.

In bitmaps, you cannot. After much research we picked Type 1
as our standard because there was a good Type 1 font renderer
we could use in renderPM, and this allowed us to meet the goal
of identical font metrics everywhere.  TrueType was added
more recently, and it would need a ton of C programming
to integrate a new text renderer and get them out in bitmaps.

Your best bet is to get a font conversion tool and make
Type 1 variants of the fonts you want.  Then you can
have identical output on all renderers.

Sorry,

Andy