[reportlab-users] PDF animation

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:29:17 -0000

> I wonder if the version tag at the top of a PDF file is ever used
> by AR or other viewers...? RL always says 1.3.
This 'transition' was a feature of the PDF Spec since 1.2, but the
spec is about the language and not about particular reader apps.
So I don't know if this matters.  AFAICT the header has no effect
on how Acrobat Reader displays stuff, but you could try changing it.

> Is it possible then to have a page *subrange* of a document act as
> a PDF animation in the mentioned way while the rest is a "normal"
> document without animation?

At a guess I would say: call setPageDuration for the span you want,
and set it
back to None afterwards.

- Andy