[reportlab-users] [patch] TTF subsetting/embedding
Fri, 17 May 2002 16:19:38 +0200
A second incarnation of my TTF patch is now ready at
- TrueType font subsetting and embedding
- Basic Unicode support (characters from Basic Multilingual Plane only,
no bi-di or vertical writing, no composing characters)
- Kerning and ligatures are not supported, but there's place in the
infrastructure where they could (comparatively easily) be done
- This is about Unicode in actual document text, and nothing is provided
for Unicode annotations/bookmarks etc.
- It is written in pure Python (1.5) code and not yet optimized for speed.
- Now the code is fully documented and has a test suite.
Sample of usage:
from reportlab.pdfbase import pdfmetrics
from reportlab.pdfbase.ttfonts import TTFont
canvas.drawString(x, y, "Some UTF-8 text")
More information is available at the page mentioned above.
It would be nice to get comments from testers, and if no significant
problems show up, get this included into the distribution.
Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot.