[reportlab-users] pdf linking

Eric Johnson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 08:01:42 -0400

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 01:53:46PM +0200, Jerome Alet wrote:

> > It is also possible to link to another local pdf which is viewed directly in the
> > Acrobat reader by using a Remote Go-To Action.
>
> What does Acrobat Reader do when the url is of type file:// and
> using the linkURL) method ?
>
> I've only tested with really remote files.

On my Linux and Win98 boxes it opens up the file using the browser specified in
the WebLink options. I think you need to specify the full path of the file or
else the file can't be found.

I implemented the Remote GoTo because I needed to write an introductory pdf which
described and provided links to all the other pdfs on a CD and we wanted to do
that only using Acrobat Reader.

Eric