[reportlab-users] Re: How to use textobject.setTextTransform()

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:24:54 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:02:24AM -0400, Bill Bell wrote:

> ruediger.maehl@web.de wrote, in part:
>
> >could anybody perhaps explain the usage of
> >textobject.setTextTransform(a,b,c,d,e,f)
> >to me. For what are the a,b,c,d,e,f used

Are you sure that you need to call this method ?

AFAICT, please correct me if I'm wrong,  you can
achieve the same results calling
the methods : translate, skew, rotate and scale
in the appropriate order on the canvas object
you draw on. This would probably be easier to
use and understand.

Alternatively you could look at pdfgen/canvas.py
and the transform method which should (I suppose)
work the same way and is at least sparsely
commented. NB: its docstring says :

        "Not recommanded for beginners"

:-)

hth.