[reportlab-users] RE: pyRXP can't handle simplified docbook dtd

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:35:41 +0100

Please note that our users list address changed
away from Yahoo recently; the correct one is
listed above.

pyRXP does not handle wide characters as currently
compiled.  That's because Python already has good unicode
libraries and our philosophy was for the programmer
to use these and take charge of any encoding conversions.
You can convert to UTF8 with one line of Python beforehand.
If you put UTF8 in, you'll get UTF8 out, and so on.

You CAN compile the sources with wide character support
but we didn't.  If you need to do this, my colleague
Robin Becker (robin@reportlab.com) can help you.

- Andy Robinson