[reportlab-users] Platypus paper size confusion

William Wicker reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:21:41 -0500

I am just diving into reportlab, and am having some problems getting the
results I expect.

I'm trying to create a table with several hundred rows (no problem) that
flows through several columns on a page (also no problem).

Then I'm trying to use a big piece of paper so it will all fit on one page.
(big problem).

No matter what I try to do with the pagesize (as fed to the
BaseDocTemplate), I get a PDF that is (I guess) on A4 paper. Attempts to use
other standard sizes appear to succeed until I view the resulting output.
Everything is displayed as if it were on A4 paper.

This is with RL 1.13, using Acrobat Reader v5.0.

Am I missing something? Is there another place/way to more correctly specify
the desired page size?

Please help!

	William.