[reportlab-users] Help resolving ReportLab test errors

Marc Stober reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:37:20 -0400

Hello:

I'm new to ReportLab and Python so please inform me if I'm asking these
questions in the wrong manner.

I installed Python and ReportLab according to the instruction and in running
the runAll.py test script I've had two problems.

Problem #1 is several XML parser errors when the User Guide is generated. It
appears there are unescaped < and & that are passed on to an XML parser in
some of the files. If I remove these characters the User Guide scripts run
successfully. Is this a bug in the User Guide scripts (I guess not as I can
read it on the website) or do I have something configured incorrectly?

Problem #2 is a message, "Failed to import renderPM" when I run the
runAll.py test script. Is this something else I need to install?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Marc Stober
mstober@dalbar.com