[reportlab-users] TrueType fonts + multithreading

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:25:42 +0100

In article <20020730123056.GB25996@codeworks.lt>, Marius Gedminas
<marius@codeworks.lt> writes
>I just commited a patch to the CVS that enables multithreaded use of
>TrueType fonts.  Looks like it is sufficient to solve our problems with
>multiple Zope users generating PDFs at the same time (but we do not use
>Platypus which AFAIU has its own problems with thread safety).
>
>Marius Gedminas
That looks fine. In particular it's in line with my belief that the way
to get thread safety is to move the state inside the objects rather than
have them as globals. There may be a need for some globals eg default
page sizes/fonts etc. Probably these shortcuts are wrong in the long run
(people are always complaining that page size changes don't work in doc
templates etc).