[reportlab-users] graphics/charts background images

Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:00:08 +0100

In article <3D42CDC7.89873DB9@rasselstein-hoesch.de>, Dirk Datzert
<dirk.datzert@tks-rasselstein.thyssenkrupp.com> writes
>Hi Robin,
>
>and if I have multiple charts in a Drawing it should be possible to
>place multiple ShadedRects in a Group and add this Group to the
>background of the Drawing ?
>
>But I have to calculate to dimensions for this Group of ShadedRects
>manually ?
>
>Am I right?
>
>Dirk
Certainly that's how to do it and yes that's the problem; only you can
know the dimensions of the things added to the group. Groups are really
only containers and don't automatically check/determine the size of the
contents. Drawings are groups with dimension, but presently there's no
real enforcement of the drawing area for PDF/ps. Bitmaps have a fixed
size so stuff drawn outside disappears.