[reportlab-users] line break in a Paragraph?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:30:32 +0100

> I'm trying to kludge together some way to force a
> line break in a Paragraph.  I'm not having much
> luck.  Is there an easy way?  It seems like I
> should be able to use "<br>" or "<br/>" but those
> have no effect.
>
> Thank you.

We have a 'preformatted' object which can be used if
you want to be in full control of what wraps where.
If you create one of these, the '\n' characters will
determine the line breaks and there will be not
automatic line-wrapping.

We don't have anything at present to let you mix and
match the two approaches as one can in HTML.  We're
aware that a more general paragraph model is needed
one day but haven't yet got around to it.

Hope this helps,

Andy Robinson