[reportlab-users] Bug in reportlab horizontal/vertical bar chart modules ????

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:39:41 +0100

Marcus,

This is the right place to talk to us, we just aren't always
here as we have to do a lot of work for customer projects to
pay the bills.  You had the bad luck to find this bug in one
of our busiest months ever.

Robin Becker has just checked in some code a few minutes ago which
seems to fix the bug.  I attach a copy of the module in case you don't
use CVS.  It is some weird rendering artifact in the bitmap renderer we
use and he's done a workaround.  You can download just this file by
going to the link below and clicking 'download' if in a hurry, or pick it up
from CVS or in tonight's daily build.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/reportlab/reportlab/graphics/
charts/barcharts.py

I have not spoken to Robin tonight; this may or may not be the
end of the story, but it works for me.

Sorry again about the wait.

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect, ReportLab Inc.