[reportlab-users] Re: ReportLab + Macintosh TTFs

Just van Rossum reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:16:35 +0200

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> There are even more fonts on an OS X box, but they are
> in some other format that I don't know yet how to con-
> vert.

You mean the *.otf fonts? These are OpenType fonts, which means the files have
an sfnt structure, but they contain CFF fonts (in the 'CFF ' table). My
FontTools package contains some support for these. Also, the TrueType support in
my package may be useful to veryfy/debug things with reportlab TTF embedding.
Don't get the "release", but rather a dev snapshot at
http://fonttools.sf.net/cvs-snapshots/, in case you're interested.

Just