[reportlab-users] Re: How to use textobject.setTextTransform()

Rüdiger Mähl reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:53:56 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:
> More discussion is welcome!
>
> The 'coordinate transform' parameters are very well known in
> the area of graphics programming and affine geometry.  They are

I know about that parameters but I did not know about the meaning
of most of them (and still do not know more, but that's ok).

> [...]
> 3 elements are zero).  But anyone programming this stuff
> ALWAYS spends an hour or two getting minus signs wrong,
> flipiong stuff off the page and so on :-)  So I strongly

That's true!

> recommend using the 'skew','translate','rotate' and so on,
> which do what they say; you only need to worry about the
> order in which they are applied.

And that took me only 15 minutes to be successful. Everything
works fine, IMHO there is need to change anything.

> [...]

Rüdiger
FreeMail in der Premiumversion! Mit mehr Speicher, mehr Leistung, mehr
Erlebnis und mehr Pramie. Jetzt unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021105