[reportlab-users] Placement of forms when using doForms()?

Martin Skøtt reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:24:44 +0100

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 06:35:45PM -0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
> > I'm placing pdf files as backgrounds on other pdf files by importing them
> > into forms using pageCatcher.restoreForms and later on Canvas.doForm().
> > The problem is that the background is not placed exactly on the
> > page, but a bit
> > down and to the right. I have tried calling Canvas.translate(0,0) before
> > doForm(), but it didn't help. Any suggestions on what I might do be doing
> > wrong?
>
> You need non-zero values in Canvas.translate(..) or it
> won't do anything :-)
> Is the size of the original page you made into a form
> the same size as the output page you are drawing?

The size of both documents is A4 (according to Acrobat Reader at least).
I have the same problem with sample2.pdf and sample3.pdf from the PageCatcher
demo package on reportlab.com.
--
Martin Skøtt
Xenux ApS - The Linux People