[reportlab-users] Another problem -- pdfgen\textObject

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:13:16 +0000

In article <3DFA31C7.55990E7B@StockAlerts.com>, Dave Rogers
<DaveRogers@StockAlerts.com> writes
>    Thanks for the quick reply Robin re the drawImage.
>
>    I'm also having another problem -- this one with
>    pdfgen\textObject.py
>
>    Based on my understanding, if I send a trim=0, no whitespace should
>    be removed.
>
>    However, I noticed that the code removes leading whitespace on
>    string types (which is a problem for me) even with a trim=0.

>    Any idea if this will be corrected in 1.17?
>
>    Thanks,
So far as I understand it this dates back to Andy's original
implementation where the idea was to strip off leading space. It seems
to have two applications of strip, one to eliminate leading & trailing
space from the whole and a second controlled one to strip from each
line.

The first one will strip any number of blank lines so I'm a bit worried
about making it optional.