[reportlab-users] Zope and Reportlab?

Dave Rogers reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:51:35 -0500

Hi Marc,

As an alternative to Zope, I use reportlab in conjunction with Webware.  Webware is a Web Application Server for Python, but it has a much more natural integration with the python language.  It supports servelets and Python server pages.

I generate PDF's on demand through web URL's and have them appear in a new window.  The data originates from a database that has seamless object to RDB table mapping using a Webware add-on called MiddleKit.  It works very well and was rather easy to setup (even if it sounds fancy).

I find Zope to be one of the strangest pieces of software I have ever seen.

If you are curious this page provides some insights into those who point out zope's flaws: http://zope-is-evil-666.idyll.org/

Webware is open source and at http://webware.sourceforge.net/

Best Regards,