[reportlab-users] Creating Column Headers for each page using Platypus Tables

Robert Krieg reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:33:23 -0800

----=_NextPart_ST_14_18_59_Friday_December_06_2002_31441

Hello All,

=20

I am writing a python program using the reportLab modules that connects
to an SQL database, returns results from the users query, then outputs
results to a .pdf file using Platypus tables.py and the Platypus
simpleDocTemplate implementation method.  This process works
beautifully.  The only caveat I am experiencing is the output of Column
Header info.  As it is, the platypus table method only inserts these
column header values in the first row of the table on the first page.  I
am looking to have these Column Header values display in the first row
of all pages.  I am having some difficulty with this as I am unsure how
to know at which point the table information will "flow" to the
subsequent pages.  Does anyone have an idea how I might approach this
requirement.  Any input is graciously received.  Thanks.  Rob   =20

----=_NextPart_ST_14_18_59_Friday_December_06_2002_31441

<head>

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

0.0pt;

0.0pt;

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I am writing a python program using the reportLab module=
s that
connects to an SQL database, returns results from the users query, then out=
puts
results to a .pdf file using Platypus tables.py and the Platypus simpleDocT=
emplate
implementation method.&nbsp; This process works beautifully.&nbsp; The only
caveat I am experiencing is the output of Column Header info.&nbsp; As it i=
s, the
platypus table method only inserts these column header values in the first =
row
of the table on the first page.&nbsp; I am looking to have these Column Hea=
der
values display in the first row of all pages.&nbsp; I am having some diffic=
ulty
with this as I am unsure how to know at which point the table information w=
ill &#8220;flow&#8221;
to the subsequent pages.&nbsp; Does anyone have an idea how I might approac=
this requirement.&nbsp; Any input is graciously received.&nbsp; Thanks.&nbs=
p;