[reportlab-users] pyRXP -> XML

Aaron Watters reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:14:24 -0500

--------------000500050704040105030405

Great!

The object tree idea is nice.  The reason we didn't do it that way
is because it potentially adds a great deal of overhead.
Also Andy, Robin and I didn't think

(name, attributes, content, extra) = parse
goobervalue = attributes["goober"]
for c in content:
    doSomethingWith(c)

was really that unpleasant to work with.   However it might be
nice to do something cleaner like

goobervalue = parse.goober
for c in parse:
    doSomethingWith(c)

But if implemented in python I suspect you'd see
a noticable performance hit.

Good luck!

   -- Aaron Watters

Eric van Riet Paap wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm working on some small additions to your pyRXP package. So far I
> only have one useful function. Perhaps you can put in the next version
> of pyRXP if you find is worthwhile! The one function I have currently
> convert a pyRXP tuple back to XML (for saving xml), this is very handy
> when you modify the tuple after parsing it with pyRXP) . The source it
> very small, the zip file somewhat large (for what it does) because
> some large xml files are embedded for unittesting. Another thing I
> plan add is a convertor for pyRXP tuples to an object-tree where the
> goal is to accessing the data is as straigtforward as possible. pyRXP
> tuples are very clean,small,etc. but accessing them is not really
> clean looking.
>

> All comments are welcome!
>

> kind regards,
>
> Eric van Riet paap
>
> Utrecht, The Netherlands

--------------000500050704040105030405

<head>
</head>
Great!<br>
The object tree idea is nice. &nbsp;The reason we didn't do it that way<br>
is because it potentially adds a great deal of overhead.<br>
Also Andy, Robin and I didn't think<br>
(name, attributes, content, extra) = parse<br>
goobervalue = attributes["goober"]<br>
for c in content:<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; doSomethingWith(c)<br>
was really that unpleasant to work with. &nbsp; However it might be<br>
nice to do something cleaner like<br>
goobervalue = parse.goober<br>
for c in parse:<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; doSomethingWith(c)<br>
But if implemented in python I suspect you'd see<br>
a noticable performance hit.<br>
Good luck!<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp;-- Aaron Watters<br>
Eric van Riet Paap wrote:<br>
your pyRXP  package. So far I only have one useful function. Perhaps you
can put in the next  version of pyRXP if you find is worthwhile! The one
function I have currently  convert a pyRXP tuple back to XML (for saving
xml), this is very handy when you  modify the tuple after parsing it with
pyRXP) . The source it very small, the  zip file somewhat large (for what
it does) because some large xml files are  embedded for unittesting. Another
thing I plan add is a convertor for pyRXP  tuples to an object-tree where
the goal is to accessing the data is as  straigtforward as possible. pyRXP
tuples are very clean,small,etc. but accessing  them is not really clean
looking.</font></div>

--------------000500050704040105030405--