[reportlab-users] PythonPoint - New features

H. Turgut Uyar reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:32:31 +0300

Hello,

I use PythonPoint for my lectures at the Istanbul Technical University,
Computer Engineering Department. I needed some features (most of all,
support for Turkish), so I've hacked the code a bit and implemented
them. The major ones are:

- native language support through utf-8 encoded source files and ttf
   fonts
- effect attributes on paragraphs, images, tables, lines, rectangles
   etc.

I've also made some minor bugfixes. The resulting patch is at:
http://www.cs.itu.edu.tr/~uyar/reportlab_1.14-pythonpoint.patch

The patch also includes a sample file (htu.xml) that demonstrates the
new features. The PDF produced from that file can be viewed at:
http://www.cs.itu.edu.tr/~uyar/htu.pdf

Any comments and bug reports would be highly appreciated.

-- Turgut Uyar