[reportlab-users] where can I find "dataSample5" refernced on pg. 58 of graphics reference

Dragan Andric reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:05:44 +0100

If you have a look at line 1485 of barcharts.py in reportlab/graphics/charts
directory where the example on page 58 comes from, you'll see
dataSample5 = [(10, 60), (20, 50), (30, 40), (40, 30)]
I'm pretty new to all this myself, but I guess it is just some example dummy
data in the list of tuples.

Dragan Andric
dragan@reportlab.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Any FAQs??
Send them to me -- with answers off course.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Johnson" <patricia.johnosn@fmr.com>
To: <reportlab-users@reportlab.com>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 5:51 PM
Subject: [reportlab-users] where can I find "dataSample5" refernced on pg.
58 of graphics reference

I'm trying very hard to understand python and reportlab without bothering
anyone.  The example on page 58 from the graphics reference has a line "data
= dataSample5".  Where can I find dataSample5 to study.  I'm trying to
figure out how to import data from a text file and assign it to the data
variable.  I'm hoping dataSample5 will enlighten me.

If you take pity on me, please send any info to me at
patricia.johnson@fmr.com

Thank you all.