[reportlab-users] Flowables splitting across frames

Larry Bates reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:13:58 -0500

I have a new project for ReportLab and I can't seem to find what
I need to accomplish a task.

I have a Paragraph flowable that contains text that should be
flowed into two frames.  It should flow into the first frame until it is
full, then flow the remainder (if there is any left over) into a second
frame.  The first frame is on the first page of the document and the
second frame (if required) would be on the second page of the
document.  If all the text fits in the first frame, there is no second
page.  If text overflows the first frame, I will need to add a second
page and flow the remainder of the text (actually additional pages
get added until all the text is flowed into frames on pages 2,3,...n).

I have tried frame.split, but I'm getting error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python21\reportlab\platypus\frames.py", line 137, in split
    flowable.canv = canv	#some flowables might need this
TypeError: object has read-only attributes

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Regards,
Larry Bates
SysCon