[reportlab-users] diagonal ShadedRect and Clipping ?

Dirk Datzert reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:34:58 +0200

> well, I hope you're using the latest renderPM code Dirk.

yes, I've download reportlab 1.15 and actual cvs of rl_addons/renderPM
today.

> As for the shaded object problem I prefer a single ShadedObject.

So if we make a basic class for ShadedObject or ShadedShape what will be
our goal for that object ?

Currently it is only a rectangle, but any geometric forms are possible ?
If I go on for any geometric forms, than the ShadedObject/ShadedShape
sounds to me more like a background option for a geometric form.

Do we now come back to a background discussion again Robin ?
(discussion from the background options for charts last week)

      SolideShape - Rect | Circle | Rect | Ellipse
     /
Shape
     \
      ShadedShape - ShadedRect | ShadedCircle | ShadedPolygon

> Like Dinu I fail to understand the need for the extra direction

Regards,
Dirk