[reportlab-users] diagonal ShadedRect and Clipping ?

Dirk Datzert reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:31:10 +0200

> As the originator of ShadedRect I'd prefer option 1, because adding
> a new subclass to provide one more option doesn't make sense to me.

*any* angle is one of my goal, too

orientation 'diagonal_leftup' would not leadto  an angle of n*45
degress, since n*45 degrees would only on squares where width=height !
'diagonal_leftup' would be calculating the angle between the lower-left
corner upto right-upper corner
'diagonal_leftdown' is the other diagonal

> Of course, the best would be to have *any* angle, not just one out
> of n*45 degrees, n in [0, 1, ...]. That means only one nmeric attri-
> bute 'angle'.
>
> The next step is then to generalise this for any polygon, not just
> rectangles... ;-) When we're there we can throw away ShadedRect,
> again... ;-)

polygon is a good idea, this will be only a changing of the clipping
object, as far as I know

Regards,
Dirk