[reportlab-users] diagonal ShadedRect and Clipping ?

Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:22:18 +0100

In article <3D5007A3.C7033580@rasselstein-hoesch.de>, Dirk Datzert
<dirk.datzert@tks-rasselstein.thyssenkrupp.com> writes
>Hi,
>
>from renderPM/_renderPM.c/test_renderPM.py I think clipping is possible ?
>
> if flagged(6):
>                        c = renderPM.PMCanvas(25, 25, bg=0xffffff)
>                        doCPath6(c,doStroke=1)
>                        print 'Clip',c.path
>                        c.clipPathSet()
>                        doCTest(doCPath4, c, 0, 0, c0=0x8000, c1=0xff0000)
>                        print 'Draw',c.path
>                        c.clipPathClear()
>                        do_save(c,6)
>
>There is a clipPathSet() and a clipPathClear() .
>
>Is the Problem that PMCanvas has no method of calling both functions ?
>
>What is about the following solution:
>
>Path.isClipPath = 1 with points in Path calls clipPathSet()
>Path.isClipPath = 1 with no points in Path calls clipPathClear ()

that is what I'm exploring. It's not just the PM thing we need a method
that applies to the RL graphics framework as a whole. Also there are
some problems internally in _renderPM.c relating to the intersection on
SVP's.