[reportlab-users] Re: [reportlab-team] widgets/markers.py

Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:36:18 +0100

In article <07660877-A6C9-11D6-A156-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>I don't think you'll change your opinion, but these are weak ar-
>guments for me. You get pollution only when importing * which is
>entirely your own fault. The type aggregation is exactly what is
>done by making all markers inheriting of Marker. And if you really
>need an iterator over all created instances of some class, there
>are Singleton-like mechanisms to do that...
>
>Dinu
well in the Guieditor thing we explicitly list widgets/shapes which can
be added to a drawing. There are already more than a hundred & if I add
in hundreds of markers, flags, logos and other specialized shapes then I
will end up needing to add filters etc. Probably I need to do that
already, I feel we have too many graphic classes.

As for adding iterators that is just more bloat which needs to be
maintained and updated as new classes are added/removed.

Weakness of argument is naturally reflexive :)