NACR Daily Meditation: Special Message

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Fri Nov 27 21:48:15 EST 2009

Dear friends,

It is the day after Thanksgiving and I am still feeling grateful. Juanita and I make a regular practice of doing searching and fearless gratitude inventories. It is not a replacement for the kind of inventory that leads us to make amends. . . but it helps us a lot to make a list of the things for which we are most grateful! It is just too easy to forget when the going gets tough.

I have two reasons for writing today. First, I want to thank you for getting the daily NACR meditation by email. You are on our gratitude list! I know that it may not seem like you have done that much. . . but it is a huge encouragement to us to know that over 3,000 people get these meditations! It means we are not alone. . . but part of a growing community of Christians who understand the recovery process.

The seoond reason I am writing is to ask you to consider becoming a financial supporter of our ministry. This has been a difficult year financially for the National Association for Christian Recovery. The need for the ministry continues to grow. But the financial resources have been weak and in all probability we will end this year with a much larger deficit than in the past. I am asking that you prayerfully consider becoming our financial partner in this adventure. Any level of donation would be an encouragement to us!

As an expression of our gratitude for any donation over $100, we will be happy to send you a autographed copy of Juanita's latest book: "Keep Breathing: What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do". It is a series of meditations Juanita wrote over several years while coming to terms with a diagnosis of cancer. (She is cancer-free today!) It is not, however, just a book about cancer. The meditations are deeply rooted in Juanita's long struggle to recover from the shame and fear she carried as a result of childhood trauma. And they are connected to the deep learning that came from working to do her part during a particularly difficult season in our marriage. And, finally, they reflect lessons-learned from the struggle to face her codependency with respect to our oldest son's drug addiction.

You can donate online at <http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/donations>. Or by sending a check to P.O. Box 215, Brea, CA 92822. All donations are tax deductible for US taxpayers.

May your roots sink deeply in the soil of God's love.

Dale S. Ryan

Executive Director

National Association for Christian Recovery

p.s. Don't forget the visit www.nacronline.com for information on Recovery Conference 2010 which is coming in February.