NACR Daily Meditation for Saturday, Nov 14, 2009

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Sat Nov 14 02:00:03 EST 2009

NACR Daily Meditation for Saturday, Nov 14, 2009

Remain in my love. . . I have told you this
so that my joy may be in you
and that your joy may be complete.
John 15:10-11

It is sometimes difficult to imagine joy at all. When we struggle with failure, or we are faced with our need for change or we are grieving old losses - in those times joy seems unimaginable.

But joy can come in the midst of these struggles as we learn what it means to remain in Jesus' love.

We do not have to grieve or change alone. We learn early in recovery that we will not get very far if we remain isolated. We also learn early that we need to turn to a power that is greater than ourselves. To recover we need to learn to remain -- or abide or spend time -- in the love Jesus gives us. We are loved by God. And we are loved by other people. It is in these loving relationships that we find joy.

In John 15 Jesus has been describing himself as the vine, telling us that we are branches. He is our life-line. We need to stay closely connected to him. We can no longer pretend to be self sufficient. We must daily acknowledge our need for help and relatedness.

Jesus told us this truth because he wanted us to experience joy. "Remain in my love", Jesus said, "so your joy will be complete."

Lord, help me to remain in love.
Help me not to distance myself from you or from others.
Help me to give up pretending to be self sufficient.
Help me to remember that it is in loving and in being loved
that I will find healing and joy.
Amen

Copyright Dale and Juanita Ryan

Help us to continue developing resources of this kind by supporting the National Association for Christian Recovery. You can make a tax-deductible contribution online at

http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/donations

If you find these meditations to be helpful you might want to get a copy of Juanita Ryan's book entitled "Keep Breathing: What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do". Copies are available at

http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/books

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! Order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/books