NACR Daily Meditation for Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Wed Dec 23 02:00:02 EST 2009

NACR Daily Meditation for Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009

On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary
and they bowed down and presented him
with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.
Matthew 11:2

Christmas is a time of celebrating the coming of a child. Vulnerable, human flesh.  God with us. Mystery. We celebrate.

We worship the God who made us. The God who pursues us with love. The God who came to us in this unimaginable way. Our minds reel. It is too good to be true. This Love is what we have hoped and longed for. And so we worship with a sense of breathless wonder and giddy awe.

And like the wise men, we too desire to bring our treasures to this child. Not in an attempt to pay a debt. There is no way to even the score. Rather, we bring gifts that are dear to us and offer them in an attempt of reach back to his hand far extended to us. It is our way of letting his hand fully grasp our own.

We discover that every gift we bring in our response to God, is met with new, unexpected gifts in return. We bring God our loved ones, letting go of our fierce attempt to protect or control or change. And God gives us serenity. We bring God our money in an offer to share with others in need. And as we do so, God frees us from the heavy load of greed. We bring God our hearts, wounded, struggling, needy. And God gives us the comfort of his presence. We bring God our deep gratitude and he fills us with joy.

Christ Child,
I worship you today
in stunned wonder
that you are God
come to be with us.
I want to say 'yes'
to your offer of love.
I want to reach my hand out
to meet yours
extended to me through galaxies
of time and space.
I want to give you the treasures
I hold most dear.
I bring you the people I love
and give them to your care.
I bring you my wounded, grateful heart.
As I reach back to you
allow me fully grasp your hand
to receive your gift of love.
Amen.

Copyright Dale and Juanita Ryan

Help us to continue developing resources of this kind by supporting the National Association for Christian Recovery. You can make a tax-deductible contribution online at

http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/donations

If you find these meditations to be helpful you might want to get a copy of Juanita Ryan's book entitled "Keep Breathing: What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do". Copies are available at

http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/books

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! Order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/books