NACR Daily Meditation for Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Wed Dec 24 03:00:01 EST 2008

NACR Daily Meditation for Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008

He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

What names there are for you God! These names surprise me. I have heard such different names for you. I have heard you called "harsh taskmaster" and "bully" and "distant one." What a contrast there is between these names and the names you call yourself.

You tell us that your name is Wonderful Counselor. One who listens, and pays attention. One who draws out a person's heart. One who provides a safe place. One who responds with empathy and compassion. Who consults and advises. And is personally involved.

Your name is Mighty God. Powerful Creator. Ultimate authority. Life source. To be worshipped and honored. One who can be counted on. One who is able to save.

Your name is Everlasting Father. Always our father. Never leaving. Never failing. Protector. Provider. Someone to belong to, to draw our identity from. Someone with whom we can share our hearts. One who delights in his children. One who wants his children to grow strong and whole.

And Prince of Peace. One who puts an end to death and destruction and violent, cruel ways. One who is on the side of the victim, the poor, the underdog. One who will reign, not with an iron hand, but with a heart of love.

hese are amazing names for you God.

Thank you for telling me your names, Lord.
Such strong and gentle names.
Surprising, amazing names.
You are Wonderful Counselor.
involved, caring, listening, guiding
understanding me.
You are Mighty God
giver of life
to whom I turn again and again for help and hope.
You are my Everlasting Father
who will not leave me
who will share my joys and sorrows
and who will delight in my growth.
You are Prince of Peace
who will put an end to violence and
still my troubled heart
with the knowledge of your reign of love.
Thank you for who you are.
Amen.

Help us to continue developing resources of this kind by supporting the National Association for Christian Recovery. You can make a tax-deductible contribution online at

http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/donations

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! Order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/books