NACR Daily Meditation for Monday, Dec 22, 2008

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Mon Dec 22 03:00:01 EST 2008

NACR Daily Meditation for Monday, Dec 22, 2008

Today in the town of David
a Savior has been born to you,
he is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2: 11

We are in an impossible predicament. We are locked behind prison bars and chained to the wall. It was our sin, our folly, our human condition that got us here. We thought we were okay. We thought we could handle things on our own. But we find ourselves addicted, defended, caught, trapped.

We see it now. We see we have made a mess of things. But realizing that we are chained and imprisoned does not free us. It only adds to the agony of our plight. How will we ever be freed?

We need someone who can save us. Someone from outside of these prison walls, someone with power and authority to hear of our situation, to have compassion on us, to come and free us. We need to be rescued. We need a Savior. We cannot save ourselves.

It seems impossible that such a thing could happen. It would seem a fairy tale come true. We pray for a Savior. We pray and wait.

And so the angels announcement startles us. "The Savior you have waited for, the Savior you have needed, he has been given to you. He has come. You will find him in the town of David. He is Christ the Lord."

Lord,
I know
that I need to be rescued
from the mess I have made of things.
I know I cannot save myself.
And so it is welcome news
that you have come to save.
Come to me today
release and
set me free.
Amen.

Help us to continue developing resources of this kind by supporting the National Association for Christian Recovery. You can make a tax-deductible contribution online at

http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-store/donations

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! Order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/books