NACR Daily Meditation for Saturday, Jun 2, 2007

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Sat Jun 2 03:00:02 EDT 2007

NACR Daily Meditation for Saturday, Jun 2, 2007

Be still, and know that I am God.Psalm 46:10

We need to be reminded that we are not God.

This seems pretty basic. You wouldn't think it would be hard to remember.
But we get so caught up in proving ourselves by performing, achieving and
rescuing that we forget that we are humans with real limits. We fill our
time so full of frenzied activity that there is no 'stillness'. And when
there is no stillness, it is hard to remember who is God and who is not.

Fortunately, God does not forget who is God and who is not. God invites us
to quiet ourselves, to slow ourselves down. God invites us to be still long
enough to regain perspective. "Be still", God says, "and
know that I am God."

In the stillness we can see again that there is a difference between our
frenzy and God's kingdom. It is God's work to provide and protect and rescue.
It is not our work. We can do our part. But our part needs to be respectful
of our human limits. Our part needs to actively acknowledge our dependence
on God. God is God, and we are not.

Help me to slow down, Lord.
Help me to be quiet.
Help me to be still long enough to remember that you are God.
Help me to remember who is creature and who is Creator.
Let this truth free me, Lord, to accept my limits,
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1