NACR Daily Meditation for Monday, Jul 30, 2007

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Mon Jul 30 03:00:01 EDT 2007

NACR Daily Meditation for Monday, Jul 30, 2007

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give
you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and
humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is
easy and my burden is light."Matthew 11:28-30

God desires to give us rest. But we resist this gift. No matter how
badly we may want to rest, it is not an easy gift to receive. We may be
weary. We may be burdened. But we are good at minimizing and avoiding
our needs. As soon as we get this next task done, then we will rest. As
soon as there's time for it, then we will rest. We want to rest, but we
have to work real hard to make time for resting and then when we're back
at work we will need to work real hard to make up for the 'lost' time.

While we resist the gift of rest, many of us welcome burdens. We find
it easier to believe that burdens are the gift God really wants to give
us. We will welcome a difficult mission from God, a task, a challenge.
We welcome the opportunity to wear ourselves out in ministry.

But the heavy burdens, the weariness are not God's plan for us. God's
burden is light. God's plan for us is not exhaustion but soul rest. God
wants us to be so rested that it sinks down to the foundations of our person.
God wants us to be rested down to our souls. In rest we find that many
of the burdens of life do not belong to us. We find the freedom to give
back to God those things over which we have no control.

Give me the courage to come and receive from you, Lord.
Burdens weigh heavy on my soul.
Give me the courage to come and receive from you, Lord.
My restless soul longs for you.
Give me the courage to come and receive from you, Lord.
Replace these burdens with your rest.
Share with me your easy yoke
so that I can find rest for my soul.
Amen

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1