NACR Daily Meditation for Tuesday, Jul 24, 2007

NACR Daily Meditation nacrmed at nacronline.com
Tue Jul 24 03:00:01 EDT 2007

NACR Daily Meditation for Tuesday, Jul 24, 2007

O lord, you turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.Psalm 30:11,12

Sometimes it can seem that all there is to life is grief. We face painful
realities and allow ourselves to feel the painful feelings. But grief is
only for a season. There will come a season for joy. In fact one of the
most surprising things about the recovery process is that as we grow in
our capacity for experiencing deep emotional pain we also enlarge our capacity
for experiencing joy. Recovery is not just about learning to experience
unpleasant emotions. It is about learning to feel the full range of life's
emotions.

Imagine for a moment that you are 'clothed' in grief. God grieves with
you. It is a time for wailing. Few words pass between you. But there
is a great deal of emotion. Then, one day God brings you a new set of clothes. They are the clothes of joy. The times comes to change clothes. Your heart begins to sing. The time of wailing is over. The time for dancing has come.

Who can say how long this will take? It certainly cannot be rushed.
But God is prepared to be with us through the whole process. God understands
joy. God clothes us with joy and teaches us to dance and sing.

For teaching me to dance, Lord,
I give you thanks.
You are a good teacher.
My heart dances before you, Lord.
Your goodness endures forever.

For teaching me to sing, Lord,
I am grateful.
You are a good teacher.
My heart sings to you, Lord.
Your goodness endures forever.

Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1