NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday, Oct 1, 2006

nacrmed at nacronline.com nacrmed at nacronline.com
Sun Oct 1 03:00:02 EDT 2006

NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday, Oct 1, 2006

I will heal their waywordness and love them freely.Hosea 14:4

Waywordness is a turning away from what is in our best interest and following
depraved, capricious inclinations. There are many ways in which waywardness
can be expressed. Some of us are openly rebellious. We flaunt our wild behavior
and laugh at God. Others of us are quietly wayward. We try to appear compliant
and good but we are self-reliant and defiantly independent.

No matter how we express our waywardness it is a destructive force in our
lives. In our attempts to protect ourselves from any further pain we turn
away from God and from others who love us. We shut them out. And we shut
out their love. As a result, we close ourselves off from what we want and
need most desperately in life - to be known and loved.

God promises to heal our waywardness. God understands that our
turning away is the result of some deep wound in us.
God sees this. God knows. God promises to heal us by loving us freely. When
we close the doors of our heart, God does not stop loving us. Instead God continues to love us generously and completely. God will love us freely until our fears are gone and our
defenses can come down. God will love us freely so that one day we will be
able to give up our waywordness and allow ourselves the joy of being
loved.

Heal my waywardness, Lord.
When I turn away from you,
love me so that I will return to you again.
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227  or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1