NACR Daily Meditation for Saturday, Oct 16, 2004

replytodailymed@nacronline.com replytodailymed@nacronline.com
16 Oct 2004 07:00:00 -0000

NACR Daily Meditation for Saturday, Oct 16, 2004

Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will
not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
Isaiah 54:10

Mountains shake. Hills are removed. That's how it feels sometimes during
the process of recovery. Our lives seem to be in constant upheaval as we
change and stretch and grow. In the midst of these changes, the Lord has
compassion on us. God's love and commitment are reaffirmed. We may feel
shaken. We may change. Things may look different. But we can count on
God's love. It is unfailing love - love that cannot be shaken.

God's promise of unfailing love for us and God's covenant of peace with
us can provide the safety we need today. In the storm of change that recovery
brings, God's love provides an anchor of safety and security. God's love
can provide a peace and serenity that will not be removed.

Lord, I am shaken.
down to my foundations.
Sometimes I am afraid
of all the changes.
Will anything remain?
Will there be enough left to build on?
I need a foundation for my life, Lord.

For your love, Lord,
love that cannot be shaken,
I give you thanks.
For your covenant of peace, Lord,
peace that will not be removed,
I give you thanks.
Help me to build on the foundation
of your love and peace
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 ext 111 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/dox/store/nacrbooks.shtml