NACR Daily Meditation for Wednesday, Oct 6, 2004

replytodailymed@nacronline.com replytodailymed@nacronline.com
6 Oct 2004 07:00:01 -0000

NACR Daily Meditation for Wednesday, Oct 6, 2004

I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the
yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.Hosea 11:4

We have all experienced a variety of leadership styles. Unfortunately we
are most familiar with either the chaotic leadership of leaders-who-don't-lead
or the rigid leadership of leaders-who-control-inappropriately.

Because we are so familiar with these dysfunctional leadership styles, we
may not always expect God's leadership to be helpful. Sometimes we worry
that God cannot be trusted to lead effectively in times of crisis or uncertainty.
But God does not appear to have uncertainties about the role of Leader.
God will lead us. God is familiar with this territory. God has charted these
waters. God knows how to find water holes in this desert. God can find
trails in this trackless wasteland. God can be trusted to lead.

God will lead us, but God will not lead with heavy-handed-ness and control.
God does not lead using threats and punishments. God leads us
with kindness and with love.

God is pictured in this text as a nurturing, attentive, kind parent. God
lifts the burden off our back. God bends down and feeds us. We can trust
God to lift from us the 'yokes' that bind us. God will feed us. God will lead us
with love.

Burden-lifter, give me strength today.
God-of-Nurture, give me nourishment today.
Lead me with kindness.
Tie me to you with love.
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 ext 111 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/dox/store/nacrbooks.shtml