NACR Daily Meditation for Monday, Oct 4, 2004

replytodailymed@nacronline.com replytodailymed@nacronline.com
4 Oct 2004 07:00:00 -0000

NACR Daily Meditation for Monday, Oct 4, 2004

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power
through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your
hearts through faith.Ephesians 3:16

Sometimes recovery is exhausting. Sometimes we feel like a raw nerve all
the way down to the core of our being. You can't touch anything without
causing pain. In times like this we see clearly that our healing must be
from the inside out. Nothing superficial will be of any consequence. We
need our 'inner being', our 'heart', to experience God's healing power.

It is clear from this text that God understands where our healing must take
place. The Spirit seeks to strength us in our 'inner being'. Christ seeks
to dwell in our 'hearts'. God is not interested in appearances. God is not
interested in performances. It is not God's plan for us to 'look good'. God's
work will be deeper and necessarily more painful than this. The transformation
we need will take place at the core of our being.

This may seem impossibly difficult to us. But it is not impossible for God.
It is out of 'his glorious riches' that God can strengthen us. God is not
helpless in the face of our brokenness. God is a resource-full God.

I have worked hard to look good on the outside, Lord.
But, it has done no good.
It hasn't worked.
I am not what I appear to be.
I need to heal from the inside.
Only you can do that, Lord.
Come Holy Spirit, to my inner being.
Come Christ, dwell in my heart.
Heal and strengthen me in the depths of my person.
Out of your riches, strengthen me.
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 ext 111 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/dox/store/nacrbooks.shtml