NACR Daily Meditation for Tuesday, Sep 2, 2003

replytodailymed@nacronline.com replytodailymed@nacronline.com
2 Sep 2003 07:00:01 -0000

NACR Daily Meditation for Tuesday, Sep 2, 2003

If I go to the heavens, you are there; If I make my bed in the depths, you
are there.

Psalm 139:8

Sometimes life is hell. That's how it feels. It feels like we have taken
up residence in hell. Sometimes the darkness overwhelms us. Sometimes we
hurt so much that we can't imagine experiencing joy or peace ever again.
Sometimes we seem to have 'made our bed ' in a place that God has deserted,
a place from which God has turned away.

But the psalmist says 'even if I make my bed in the depths, you are there'.
There are no genuinely God-forsaken places on our journey. There are no
places unfamiliar to God. It is a difficult and painful journey, but our
lines of support are not stretched thin. God is not at a distance. God is
with us.

If God is with us, we can travel through those dark times in recovery, those
times in hell. If God is with us, we can hold on through the difficult emotional
and spiritual roller coaster of recovery.

No matter where I am, Lord
you are with me.
If I am up, today.
You are here.
If I am down.
You are here.
If I am very, very down.
You are still here.
If I am very, very, very, very, very down.
You are here.
Thank you.
Even in the terrible times when I am in the depths, you are there with me.
Your presence is a ray of hope
in the dark times of my recovery.
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 ext 111 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/dox/store/dox/nacrbooks.htm