NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday, Jul 13, 2003

replytodailymed@nacronline.com replytodailymed@nacronline.com
13 Jul 2003 07:00:00 -0000

NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday, Jul 13, 2003

In your anger, do not sin.

Ephesians 4:26

Living in relationship with other people means that we will experience
seasons of anger. Anger is a normal human emotion. It is an unavoidable
ingredient of any fellowship.

Unfortunately, for most of us, anger is a problem. We know that anger
can lead to destructive behaviors. Some of us have been on the receiving
end of verbal and physical attacks from an angry person. And some of us
 have lashed out at others with our anger. So we fear anger because we
have seen the destruction which results when anger leads to sin. We have
seen how anger can damage relationships and lead to loneliness.

But anger does not have to be destructive. We can be angry without harming
others. Anger can, in fact, be a constructive force in our lives. Anger
alerts us to the fact that something is not right. As a result, anger can
protect us and energize us to take constructive action.

The fellowship we need in recovery cannot always be conflict-free fellowship.
 There will be times of anger. And that can be a good thing.

I am afraid of anger, Lord.
But I know it can't be avoided.
Help me to acknowledge my anger
rather than hide from it.
Help me to use it in ways that are not destructive.
Let it energize me to risk and change and grow.
Help me to learn to live constructively with my anger
Amen.

Copyright 1991 Dale and Juanita Ryan

ROOTED IN GOD'S LOVE (the book from which these meditations are taken, is back in print! To order call our office at 714-529-6227 ext 111 or order online at

http://www.nacronline.com/dox/store/dox/nacrbooks.htm